Who We’re Looking For
We are looking for an experienced Desktop .NET Developer with a passion for building innovative software solutions. You will mostly be working on creating integrations between our sustainability cloud tools and architectural CAD systems like Autodesk Revit.
You should have a strong background in software engineering and be comfortable working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. You should be proficient in Desktop .NET and WPF; experience in building plugins for desktop software is helpful but not required.
You should be a quick learner and be able to quickly pick up new CAD-specific APIs. You should have experience working with HTTP APIs and be able to deliver high-quality, scalable solutions that meet our users' needs.
Working at C-Change is not only an opportunity to wield great tools tackling complex problems. It is a rare opportunity to make a direct, visible impact affecting our future - by fighting climate change with science and data.
- Develop and maintain desktop applications and CAD software plugins
- Integrate our cloud application with CAD software via HTTP APIs
- Write high-quality, clean, and maintainable code
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders to define software requirements, design software solutions, build intuitive interfaces and solve complex problems
- Work with verification team to troubleshoot and debug software issues
- Work independently to complete tasks, report status, identify blockers, and proactively resolve issues
- Algorithms and data structures: You understand common data structures and algorithms, you are able to evaluate them and apply appropriately to the given situation, and evaluate algorithm complexity.
- OOP and Patterns: You must understand what is SOLID, Domain Driven Design, and IoC. You must know how to use common patterns and design REST services.
Desktop .Net Developemnt
- Solid understanding of C# language (syntax, familiarity with .net standard labraries).
- Database management: You know how to organize, store and query your data.
- User Interface Design: You have experience in designing intuitive, visually appealing UIs which look consistent with Windows style.
- WPF: You have a solid understanding of XAML. You are comfortable with using Data Binding. You understand and use in practice MVVM pattern. You can create custom controls from scratch and extend existing standard controls.
- Asynchronous programming and multi threading: You're comfortable with using async/await constructions in C#, calling async code from sync context, tracking background tasks progress.
- HTTP: You have an experience of using the HttpClient for interacting with API, handling network errors, performing retries, etc.
- Debugging and Troubleshooting: You use a debugger on a daily basis. You can identify, isolate, and fix bugs and errors in your code.
General IT skills and competencies
- Client-server architecture. At least basic understanding of networking (DNS, HTTP, TCP)
- Using modern debug tools.
- Error processing: Application exceptions are handled competently and uniformly. You must know the difference between error flow and exception flow.
- Documenting your code.
- Writing Extensible code.
- Breaking tasks into smaller units, providiung planning and estimates.
- Version control and repositories when working within a team.
- You can read and understand code written by other people.
Over the next five years, most of the world's major governments and corporations are going to need to build climate sustainability into their procurement, operations, and reporting. That's our job -- and it could be yours, too.
We alredy develop and operate EC3, the world’s most popular SaaS platform for tracking the climate impact of construction materials. It is used both as a free tool (buildingtransparency.org) and as the basis for an enterprise platform by major multinationals including Google, Amazon, and Microsoft.
We created and manage the open standards for digital environmental product declarations (openEPD) and a wide range of engineering and business integrations, and have cultivated an ecosystem of sustainablity tool developers that rely on us for their underlying data.
We maintain an open culture. Achievements are appreciated; achievements over your role and helping your co-workers succeed are key to advancement. Mistakes are expected, and are to be openly discussed and learned from. Honesty is an absolute requirement.
You will be surrounded by a group of passionate engineers who are happy to participate in technical discussions.
You will always have access to advice. Your supervisor will be a senior programmer; your team-mates will help you as well. We expect you to help your co-workers in the same way.
There will be opportunities to lead projects, mentor junior devs, and expand your skill-set if desired.
We are an all-remote team located in Canada and Ukraine. We have no traditional office space. However we will be happy to help you organize and equip a safe and effective working space.
Health & Wellness
We offer competitive benefits for all staff. They are structured differently in each country; in Canada we offer extended health and dental benefits through Manulife.
We encourage a healthy work/life balance: we do not believe routine overtime is a good way to do business.
All roles get at least three weeks paid time off, as well as paid sick leave.
Competitive compensation matching the market. Compensation reviews are tied to your growth and improvement.
Short Decision Making Chain
Every team member is a direct contact with CEO and CTO. Decision making is rapid and it is easy to escalate issues.
How to Apply
Please apply online using the links under "Current Openings"
At C-Change Labs, we are driving a sea-change in addressing climate change -- and we are already seeing the change happen.