Who We’re Looking For
We are looking for solid software engineers. Our company was founded by an engineer, is run by engineers, and works with the most advanced construction software.
You are interested in learning from and cooperating with talented colleagues. You love sharing value by producing beautiful and clean APIs. You enjoy engineering as a whole - complex scalable systems, performance optimization and direct product impact.
Working at C-Change is not only an opportunity to wield great tools tackling complex problems. It is a rare opportunity to make a direct, visible impact affecting our future - by fighting climate change with science and data.
- Overall responsibility for the day to day management of all infrastructure with a focus on high availability and application performance
- Ownership of automating virtual infrastructure deployment and configuration of the application and internal tools and services
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts to stakeholders
- Build, release, and configuration management
- Ensuring critical system security (setup monitoring tools, react on new threats)
- Work independently to complete tasks, report status, identify blockers, and proactively resolve issues
At least Intermediate English
General System Administrator Skills
- Network Protocols: Understanding how TCP \ IP, UDP, WebSockets work, what OSI is, how router and firewall work, etc.
- Knowledge of virtualization technology
- Knowledge of containerization technologies (Docker)
- Experience of web-servers administration and configuration: NGINX, Apache, etc.
- Practical experience with CI / CD. Ability to raise CI from scratch and maintain existing configuration
- Practical skills in writing bash scripts; Python is a nice to have
- Practical experience with any cloud technologies: Azure, AWS, GCP. Azure is preferable
- Good knowledge of cloud management concepts and services
- Good practical experience with Terraform. Experience with Helm and Terrugrant will be helpfull
- Good practical experience with Kubernetes. Ability to raise cluster from scratch and maintain existing configuration
- Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose, resolve & document root cause analysis of highly complex environments
- Technical writing and documentation of architectural designs, application stacks, networks & security, processes
- Experience and ability to use VCS, Git in particular
Over the next five years, most of the world's major governments and corporations are going to need to build climate sustainability into their procurement, operations, and reporting. That's our job -- and it could be yours, too.
We alredy develop and operate EC3, the world’s most popular SaaS platform for tracking the climate impact of construction materials. It is used both as a free tool (buildingtransparency.org) and as the basis for an enterprise platform by major multinationals including Google, Amazon, and Microsoft.
We created and manage the open standards for digital environmental product declarations (openEPD) and a wide range of engineering and business integrations, and have cultivated an ecosystem of sustainablity tool developers that rely on us for their underlying data.
We maintain an open culture. Achievements are appreciated; achievements over your role and helping your co-workers succeed are key to advancement. Mistakes are expected, and are to be openly discussed and learned from. Honesty is an absolute requirement.
You will be surrounded by a group of passionate engineers who are happy to participate in technical discussions.
You will always have access to advice. Your supervisor will be a senior programmer; your team-mates will help you as well. We expect you to help your co-workers in the same way.
There will be opportunities to lead projects, mentor junior devs, and expand your skill-set if desired.
We are an all-remote team located in Canada and Ukraine. We have no traditional office space. However we will be happy to help you organize and equip a safe and effective working space.
Health & Wellness
We offer competitive benefits for all staff. They are structured differently in each country; in Canada we offer extended health and dental benefits through Manulife.
We encourage a healthy work/life balance: we do not believe routine overtime is a good way to do business.
All roles get at least three weeks paid time off, as well as paid sick leave.
Competitive compensation matching the market. Compensation reviews are tied to your growth and improvement.
Short Decision Making Chain
Every team member is a direct contact with CEO and CTO. Decision making is rapid and it is easy to escalate issues.
How to Apply
Please apply online using the links under "Current Openings"
At C-Change Labs, we are driving a sea-change in addressing climate change -- and we are already seeing the change happen.