Who We’re Looking For
We are looking for solid software engineers. Our company was founded by an engineer, is run by engineers, and works with the most advanced construction software.
You are interested in learning from and cooperating with talented colleagues. You love sharing value by producing beautiful and clean APIs. You enjoy engineering as a whole - complex scalable systems, performance optimization and direct product impact.
Working at C-Change is not only an opportunity to wield great tools tackling complex problems. It is a rare opportunity to make a direct, visible impact affecting our future - by fighting climate change with science and data.
- Algorithms and data structures: You understand common data structures and algorithms, you are able to evaluate them and apply appropriately to the given situation, and evaluate algorithm complexity.
- OOP and Patterns: You must understand what is SOLID, Domain Driven Design, and IoC. You must know how to use common patterns.
- UX skills: You are familiar with common UI building principles. You can choose a suitable type for each control and arrange them to create a convenient and intuitive UI.
- HTML / CSS: You must understand how it works, what semantic layout is, what should be done by means of HTML/CSS and what should not. You must be comfortable with styling your layout according to design guidelines.
- Typescript: Knowledge of syntax and capabilities; understanding of how the transpiler works; the ability to write typed code; understanding why typed code helps in development, the ability to use types as an effective tool for describing a domain area.
- Angular: Understanding of the basic concepts behind Angular frameworks and experience of use. The ability to solve problems that go beyond those described in the Angular Tutorial. Understanding of RxJS.
General IT skills and competencies
- Client-server architecture. At least basic understanding of networks (dns, http, tcp).
- Debug: Effective troubleshooting and using modern debug tools.
- Error processing: Application exceptions are handled competently and uniformly. You must know the difference between error flow and exception flow.
- Documenting your code.
- You must know how to write extensible code.
- You can break tasks into smaller units, provide planning and estimates.
- You know how to use a version control system and understand how to interact with a repository when working with your team.
- You can read and understand code written by other people.
Intermediate EnglishApply Now
Over the next five years, most of the world's major governments and corporations are going to need to build climate sustainability into their procurement, operations, and reporting. That's our job -- and it could be yours, too.
We alredy develop and operate EC3, the world’s most popular SaaS platform for tracking the climate impact of construction materials. It is used both as a free tool (buildingtransparency.org) and as the basis for an enterprise platform by major multinationals including Google, Amazon, and Microsoft.
We created and manage the open standards for digital environmental product declarations (openEPD) and a wide range of engineering and business integrations, and have cultivated an ecosystem of sustainablity tool developers that rely on us for their underlying data.
We maintain an open culture. Achievements are appreciated; achievements over your role and helping your co-workers succeed are key to advancement. Mistakes are expected, and are to be openly discussed and learned from. Honesty is an absolute requirement.
You will be surrounded by a group of passionate engineers who are happy to participate in technical discussions.
You will always have access to advice. Your supervisor will be a senior programmer; your team-mates will help you as well. We expect you to help your co-workers in the same way.
There will be opportunities to lead projects, mentor junior devs, and expand your skill-set if desired.
We are an all-remote team located in Canada and Ukraine. We have no traditional office space. However we will be happy to help you organize and equip a safe and effective working space.
Health & Wellness
We offer competitive benefits for all staff. They are structured differently in each country; in Canada we offer extended health and dental benefits through Manulife.
We encourage a healthy work/life balance: we do not believe routine overtime is a good way to do business.
All roles get at least three weeks paid time off, as well as paid sick leave.
Competitive compensation matching the market. Compensation reviews are tied to your growth and improvement.
Short Decision Making Chain
Every team member is a direct contact with CEO and CTO. Decision making is rapid and it is easy to escalate issues.
How to Apply
Please apply online using the links under "Current Openings"
At C-Change Labs, we are driving a sea-change in addressing climate change -- and we are already seeing the change happen.