Who We’re Looking For
We are looking for a highly motivated software QA engineer who can work on a complex project. In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring the quality and reliability of our products through rigorous manual testing, Selenium-based automation and collaboration with development team. We want someone who can help document existing product features as you learn them, so technical writing skills would be very beneficial. You will be working in a distributed team of engineers with different backgrounds who you can learn from and share your experience with.
- Design and execute test plans to ensure the functionality, reliability, and performance of products
- Collaborate with development team and management to identify and address quality issues
- Follow quality assurance processes for software products
- Conduct automated and manual testing to validate product functionality
- Document and track defects, and work closely with development teams to ensure timely resolution
- Stay up-to-date with industry best practices and incorporate them into the quality assurance process
- Write internal technical documentation.
- Proven experience as a Quality Assurance Engineer or in a similar role
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes
- Experience with both manual and automated testing (Selenium + Java in particular will be a plus)
- Experience in testing both HTTP APIs and user interfaces
- Technical background with the ability to understand and explain complex technical concepts
- Writing and editing skills, with a focus on clarity and simplicity
General IT skills and competencies
- Familiarity with version control systems (e.g., Git)
- At least basic understanding of HTTP protocol
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Communication and interpersonal skills
Over the next five years, most of the world's major governments and corporations are going to need to build climate sustainability into their procurement, operations, and reporting. That's our job -- and it could be yours, too.
We alredy develop and operate EC3, the world’s most popular SaaS platform for tracking the climate impact of construction materials. It is used both as a free tool (buildingtransparency.org) and as the basis for an enterprise platform by major multinationals including Google, Amazon, and Microsoft.
We created and manage the open standards for digital environmental product declarations (openEPD) and a wide range of engineering and business integrations, and have cultivated an ecosystem of sustainablity tool developers that rely on us for their underlying data.
We maintain an open culture. Achievements are appreciated; achievements over your role and helping your co-workers succeed are key to advancement. Mistakes are expected, and are to be openly discussed and learned from. Honesty is an absolute requirement.
You will be surrounded by a group of passionate engineers who are happy to participate in technical discussions.
You will always have access to advice. Your supervisor will be a senior programmer; your team-mates will help you as well. We expect you to help your co-workers in the same way.
There will be opportunities to lead projects, mentor junior devs, and expand your skill-set if desired.
We are an all-remote team located in Canada and Ukraine. We have no traditional office space. However we will be happy to help you organize and equip a safe and effective working space.
Health & Wellness
We offer competitive benefits for all staff. They are structured differently in each country; in Canada we offer extended health and dental benefits through Manulife.
We encourage a healthy work/life balance: we do not believe routine overtime is a good way to do business.
All roles get at least three weeks paid time off, as well as paid sick leave.
Competitive compensation matching the market. Compensation reviews are tied to your growth and improvement.
Short Decision Making Chain
Every team member is a direct contact with CEO and CTO. Decision making is rapid and it is easy to escalate issues.
How to Apply
Please apply online using the links under "Current Openings"
At C-Change Labs, we are driving a sea-change in addressing climate change -- and we are already seeing the change happen.